Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hearing God's Voice

To start off with I was looking at all the stuff on the 'controller' end of the blog and noticed that of all my posts that I've put up, the least read is the one I started with(July 25th). And while a part of me likes that fact, I really think it is the one that needs to be read, especially to be able to understand where I am coming from and where I'm going and all that God has done in my life. 


So this week has been really neat. We've been going over a book called, 'Is That Really You God?' written by the founders of YWAM(youth with a mission). It's all about just really taking the time to not only daily pray and read the Bible for direction, but also to take the time to listen to Him when He speaks. We've also started going through the book, Gospel Transformation, and it's all about just letting the Gospel of Christ transform your life. That it isn't just about a man and a set of rules, but that it has the power to erase your sins and help you live daily and promise you a place in heaven forever. I'm looking forward to the rest of the book. It's been a very cool experience to get to just have soooo much time to really focus on God and pray and read the Bible here. I've decided to just lay every single one of my plans for my future on an altar before God and just really start from there with Him, looking for His direction in everything I'm doing. Another thing God is really working on in me is just trusting Him. I knew that Thailand and this school is where God wanted me, however in the short time between finding out and leaving I wasn't able to raise the full amount of support. So, it's just a continual battle to make myself just rely and trust on God that He will provide for when I follow through on His instructions. Ephesians 6:10 is the verse I'm really holding onto, Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. It's really just a great reminder to me that I don't even have to try to do anything on my own strength, because I can live out of God's and He has enough to get me through anything. 


This week our team has really started working to get the organization, STOP Slavery going. We have been having many brainstorming sessions and lots of prayer and research and now have a full 'to-do' list to fill our days. This is an organization against Human Slavery/Traficking. It is designed to be kind of a hub/base that offers information to eventually both individuals interested in learning more about what the current Human Slavery looks like, what is being done against it, and also for agencies involved in fighting it and caring for those people who have been saved. It is really neat and I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to get to work with this team and this organization. (i'll put up the website later as we are currently re-vamping it)


Another cool thing this week was we went and visited a place nearby that does horse therapy(using horses for people therapy). We went and talked with them for a bit, and asked if they needed another hand to help. They were pretty excited as they hadn't been able to do some of their activities because of lack of people so as one of my ministries while I am here I will be getting to go and work there with their outreach. They also give lessons to local missionaries kids, so I will be able to help in many different areas. 


I think that daily it becomes more and more apparent to me that God really has me in Thailand for a purpose and I'm just soo excited to continue to find out more and more what that is. 


P.S.   right after I got done with this post I went to start working on my homework for Gospel Transformation. I started praying before hand and was really trying to figure out what had been kind of i felt, blocking some of my communication and relationship with God. While praying God showed me. As much as I wanted to be used by God, I still wanted to be 'normal' in some ways. Not all ways, but some. I quickly realized that it couldn't work like that, if I am sitting here praying God would use me to do amazing things, I can't expect to still be able to hold onto my little corner or normalcy. So my new prayer is that God helps me to just turn over anything and everything that makes me normal and just be sold out for Him, and not have even the desire to be 'normal'.

2 comments:

  1. Those are good words Caity.

    You are exactly right about being 'normal!' 1 Peter 2:11a - we are strangers and aliens in a foreign land!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caity,
    What an amazing young woman you have grown into. Your "PS" comment really hit a cord with me. You are so rigth, to live an extordianry life for the Lord...normal can't be a part of it.
    In Him~
    Katie Devine

    ReplyDelete