Friday, August 5, 2011

Many Lessons

So, it's official. I'm a wuss about foods, I just can't do spice. I have eaten fried rice almost every day and probably will continue to eat it as long as I'm here. It's pretty awesome fried rice though, I will say :)

Last night a lot of our team went out to go see this cafe' called the Won Gen Cafe'. It's this really awesome cafe that is right out side of Chaing Mai University. It is designed to be a place to reach out to college students through music(open mic nights on fridays as well as some performances on saturdays) art(monthly art shows) and learning english(english club on mondays and wednesdays). The building itself is a super cool place that has just a relaxed environment. It's all about reaching these students with the truth through building personal relationships with them. As a team we are probably going to start spending time there helping in any way we can.

It's kind of funny here, for several days we were having trouble with the power; it kept going out. And even though we all had no problem with no power, it brought us all together. No matter when it was, we all seemed to head to the common area and spend time just laughing and talking together.

As we have continued to do the Gospel Transformation and the Is That You God?, it has continued to just be an amazing time to grow in my personal relationship with God. As I continue to grow closer to Him, the lack of certain direction and so much confusion about my exact future has faded into direction and trust. Trust that what I don't know isn't going to hurt me and God works all things together for the good of those who love Him. All the things that God really seems to be teaching me right now seems almost overwhelming. It's soo much change, so much I was failing at and so much I needed to be doing better. It's been wonderful though. Another thing that I have been catching myself on(and this really surprised me) that even as I was sitting here recognizing alllllll of my faults and sins and how broken I am before Christ, I was catching myself almost getting self righteous about it. It startled me when I realized it, because it made no sense. So, I have turned it into something that I just lay before God daily, to keep me completely humble and broken in Him. So that also He can work through my strength, and that I don't even ever begin to think I can do it on my own again. I   daily remind myself of the brokenness He brought me from, and His grace and love. One of the biggest areas I feel God has been working on me these past several days is that He ALWAYS follows through on His promises. He is forever faithful. No matter how much time, how difficult it seems, when you hear Him you can  trust Him, unconditionally. I mean, Abraham waited close to 40 years before he was given the son God promised him.

Please continue to pray for me as I attempt to grow closer to my Savior and trust in Him through it all. That I would be open and be ready to listen to Him and His plans for my life and for this trip.

This song is my daily prayer.

3 comments:

  1. Missing u and luv u. Enjoy it while u r there and young. I loved traveling! Did u reschedule ur visit to Az yet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!! i believe we are coming around new years time frame?? i know we'll be in both tucson and phoenix, but don't have dates or anything yet. love you and miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Keep up the great work! L D

    ReplyDelete