Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Horses, horses, horses....

Germans in Thailand. What? Horse therapy in Thailand. Really? Germans running a horse therapy place in Thailand that need help, especially from someone who rides/trains western? No way.

Yes way. It's just incredible to see how powerful God is and how He truly answers prayers and is alive and working today.

Today, I started what will be my main ministry for the first two months here in Thailand. It is a horse therapy/outreach for local lower Thai people, run by an amazing Christian German couple. They are just starting their programs again next week after a summer break. They had been praying for several things. 1. Someone who could teach in English. 2. Someone who has background training horses to work with their younger horses. 3. Someone who has background in western riding. 4. Someone who is willing to make relationships with the kids and really help them. 5. Someone who could be around till mid October at least. 6. Someone who preferably has some horse therapy knowledge. My prayers. 1. A ministry opportunity in Thailand that I could pour myself into while I was here and just have the opportunity to pour myself into people and love them. 2. Continued direction as to what God wanted me to do with my life, whether it be with horses or just missions or whatever it was He wanted.

God coordinated everything out so that we both were answers to each others prayers. God literally brought me out of a situation I needed out of and brought me directly into one where I can not only grow closer to Him and be encouraged to Him daily. But one that I can use everything He has given me with horses over the years to serve Him and bless other people. And what are the chances there are horses, especially being used for therapy, in Thailand? Right down the road from me, who need help? I feel like again God is showing me that horses is an area where He has always blessed me and that is really a tool He has given me to be able to reach out people. As Jenn said today, "Here you are working in Thailand, with Germans, and you're American. But it doesn't matter, you can reach them and minister to them anyways; because you speak horse."

It has given me so much excitement at the opportunities I will have while serving there. But also, it reminds me of my desire to be able to help soldiers with PTSD and their families through horses. And encourages me that it is the direction God has me heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment